Thursday, June 12, 2008

About Aaron

Aaron Eilerts, 14 of Eagle Grove, Iowa

Son of Bob and Carol Eilerts

8th grader at Robert Blue Middle School in Eagle Grove

Participated in Football, Cross Country, Track, Band, Choir, Theater, Community Theater, Art, Destination Imagination

Member of Robert Blue Middle School’s Character Counts Youth Leaders also known as
CIA Agents (Character in Action)

Member of Humboldt Boy Scout Troop 108

Huge fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers

Aaron was nominated for an Iowa Character Counts Award in 2007 and was named the state-wide runner up. He was nominated because of his many community service projects. His was known mostly for his sewing skills and used those skills to do good deeds for others. He was founder of a project called pillowcases for patients. He sewed pillowcases for children in hospitals all over central Iowa and made St. Jude Children’s Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee a target location, even stopping by to drop off some pillowcases while on a vacation to his favorite place, Graceland, Elvis’ Memphis home. Everyone enjoyed his pillow cases, he often made them for teachers at school. His next sewing community project was creating blankets for animals at the Humane Society so that the animals could keep warm. Other community service projects included helping at the Senior Center and at the Rotary Ann nursing home by making center pieces, providing music, or assisting with BINGO. Aaron could be counted on to do community service at every turn and with little prompting.

Aaron was very artistic in nature. He designed the cover of the Robert Blue Middle School Yearbook in 2006. He entered many creations in the local fair in the open entry division, also sending some of his creations on to the state fair. He was asked to be a guest artist in a live downtown window at Christmas time two years ago. Aaron gave of his time and talents in many ways. He performed the National Anthem at many local high school events.

Aaron was serious about scouting. Many projects began as ways to earn badges and he just continued to work at them because of the good they did for others. He already had a plan in mind for his Eagle Scout award and was just waiting to be old enough to put it in action.

A Memorial Account has been established at Security Savings Bank in Eagle Grove.

A 3:00 p.m. memorial service has been planned by Humboldt Troop 108 at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Humboldt, Iowa.

Robert Blue Middle School is open Thursday and Friday at 1:00 p.m. for any students or adults who want to join together to remember Aaron by building a scrapbook for the family. Counselors will be available on-site.

Written by Dawn Sievertsen, Former Robert Blue Middle School Principal

8 comments:

-Rachel Meyer- said...

Aaron Eilerts, what a joy he was to have around. Very Giving, always happy, could make you smile no matter what. There was something about him, maybe it was the twinkle in his eye, or the sparkle in his smile, but he will truly be missed. What a tragic thing to happen. He has touched so many lives including mine. I look at it as a block breaker. Maybe his death will change people and their outlook on life. I know I have. It just makes me wonder what his future held for him. He was a bright, brilliant student, and an even better person. It was never about him, you were first, he was second. He gave so much to this town, and to people. He would make pillowcases for patients. I believe we should in his honor, carry out what he has started. Or do a project in his memory. Aaron Eilerts will ALWAYS remain in our hearts, he will never be forgotten. He will always be remembered. We miss you budd.

Unknown said...

Aaron Eilerts moved here when he was in 6th grade. I met him through one of my teachers, and soon after we became best friends. I never thought I would have such an amazing friend, and sometimes, I do admitt, I would take advantage of him. But now that he is gone, I see the damage that he left in my life. He might be gone, but his destruction of kindness, genorosity, goodwill, and most importantly inspiration will always be in my heart. Everytime I think about this I start tearing up, but the only thing that I can always think is "Our loss...Heavens Gain" I was talking to my pastor and she said that when he died, he didn't suffer, and that's the only thing that matters...that he didn't suffer.

R.I.P. little A&E Dairy

Unknown said...

I don't know why my name comes up as Zack...But it's Colby Gochanour

Hannah Hanson said...

Aaron Eilerts was an outgoing person. Doing what others would not. When i think of a boy i think of them playing videogames, But whae i think about Aaron i think helpful, carind, and kind. He has touchted a lot of people's lives. I can see why God chose him. He's amazing. I mean who doesn't love Aaron. I'm just one of the luckly ones who he touched a life. It just came all the sudden. On the last day of school people were planning to see the ame people next year, but then this happened and nobody will ever see him and his smiling face. I wouldn't be suprized if he died with a smile on his face. My aunt told me "At least he died doing somthing he loved," and that really made me think he did die doing what he loved. He did his deed here and that is all we can ask for. He did his best, and now we need to do ours.

WE WILL MISS YOU AARON!<3<3<3

Mrs. G said...

Friend, buddy, pal, confidant, loyal, faithful, loving, kind, gracious, patient, steadfast, trustworthy, strong, mighty, sweet, caring, helpful, giving, joyful, bright, radiant, amazing, generous, outgoing, and happy always are just a few adjectives to explain this young man! I am thankful for all the moments I was able to talk to or to spend time with Aaron. He always had a bright smile and a big hug for me! Aaron had made me a pair of lime green fluffy flip flops and he gave me a scarf with footballs on it just because he thought I would like them. Always thinking of others first even in the end.
I can remember Aaron buzzing around on his little electric scooter around town. He would always wave and give you that huge toothy grin and ask how your day was going. You always saw him helping someone or carrying things from one place to another for someone. With Aaron as a friend you knew that you had the best friend ever!
There are many lives that are being affected by the loss of Aaron Eilerts!! My prayers go out to all of them! I also pray that it changes us all for the better! Hopefully we can be the ones who step up to bat for him now!
To Bob & Carol, Family and friends you are in my thoughts and prayers often!!
In Christ's Love
Shelly Gambrill

kylie said...

aaron was amazing. he tried his best to make friends with everyone no matter what. he did so much for others i kinda wonder- what did he do for himself.

i was listening to the radio today and the hustle came on.... i remembered when we were in 7th grade we'd go in early and mrs. muzzey was trying to teach us the hustle.... it was so funny watching aaron add all of his own moves in and "make it cooler," as he'd say. he was so funny and always had a smile on his face.... he will truly be missed.... i kno there are a few girls that want to keep his pillow cases for patients going... and i hope they do and if they cant get it going i will....


I MISS YOU AARON... I WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!

-kylie

Jesse said...

Aaron was a miraculous person who comes along very seldom. In all candour he deserves his Eagle badge, posthumously, and my twin brother honestly believes that the President of the US ought to make an exception and have Congress award Aaron with the Congressional Medal of Honor for giving his life in the attempt to cover and shield the other boys (who still died, sadly)

terribletee56 said...

I am a regular user and big fan of the Three Rivers Trail, and I found your mile markers yesterday on a ride from Rutland to Bradgate; they look marvelous. My congratulations and prayers go out to Aaron's family and friends for thinking of all of us. I will be making many return trips, and keeping all of you in my heart.

Thank you again.

Terence J. (Terry) Miles
Sutherland, Iowa